Senior Quality Manager
Eastek is looking for a Senior Quality Manager who can lead the implementation of advanced quality strategies and maintain quality standards such as ISO, IATF, and FDA, among others, at EASTEK International’s office and manufacturing facilities located in Mexico, Dong Guan, and Malaysia, and the centralized offices in the United States of America.
The Senior Quality Manager will be responsible for ensuring that our products and services meet the highest level of customer satisfaction and comply with the regulatory requirements and will also foster the implementation of a culture of advanced quality strategies such as quality at the source, total quality management, and a statistic driven organization, utilizing six sigma and/or Shainin techniques to improve our processes and performance.
The right candidate is a hands-on, seasoned multicultural Manager, ready now to take the next level of responsibility in his career, with a holistic manufacturing sense and business acumen with the capability to run multiple projects worldwide, lead by example, motivate the employees and business partners to achieve a higher standard in quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time. Develop and implement a quality strategy that aligns with the company’s vision, mission, and goals.
- Manage the Quality organization throughout EASTEK, leading world class manufacturing practices, utilizing standardization and continuous improvement.
- Monitor Global Quality key performance indicators and implement actions to improve them.
- Drive worldwide quality initiatives to improve the customer satisfaction experience, through the elimination of recurrent customer complaints related with manufacturing.
- Participate with the different business units worldwide in the quality budget and capex preparation, and its expenditure monitoring.
- Improve and maintain the quality management system and ensure its compliance with the relevant standards such as ISO, IATF, FDA, IPC etc.
- Plan and conduct internal and external audits to monitor the effectiveness of the quality system and identify areas for improvement.
- Lead and support the cross-functional teams in problem solving, root cause analysis, corrective and preventive actions, using six sigma and Shainin tools and methodologies.
- Manage and analyze the quality data and metrics to track the performance of the processes and products and report on the results to the management.
- Provide training and coaching to the staff on quality concepts, tools and techniques.
- Liaise with customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to ensure their expectations are met and their feedback is addressed.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and innovation within the organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Relevant experience in the Electronic PCBA and contract manufacturing industry is necessary.
- Progressive career in manufacturing with a multi-site responsibility in Mexico, Asia and U.S. operations is a plus.
- Certified in six sigma, Shainin or other process improvement methodologies.
- Experienced with Lean Manufacturing implementation and its advance quality-methodology is a necessary.
- Knowledge of quality standards, regulations, and best practices in the electronic industry.
- Proficient in quality tools and software such as statistical process control (SPC), failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), control plans, control charts, etc.
- Excellent communication, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks.
Education and/or Experience
- The ideal candidate should have a bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, quality management or related field.
- Minimum 7 years of progressive experience in the quality department management, including previously held positions such as senior quality manager, or multi-site quality manager.
The ideal candidate should be bilingual in English and speak on a professional level.
The global manufacturing industry is a competitive landscape, but Eastek International Corporation has stood out for over 30 years as a trusted and efficient partner for businesses of all sizes. From smaller companies to Fortune 500 companies, we understand the unique challenges of bringing a product to market, and we're dedicated to making the process as seamless as possible for our customers.
One of the ways we do this is by offering a range of manufacturing services, from PCB assembly to turnkey solutions and everything in between. We've invested in the technology and processes to ensure that we can deliver the highest quality products, on time and on budget.
Our global footprint sets us apart as a truly international contract manufacturer. With facilities in China, Malaysia, and Mexico, we're able to offer local expertise and resources in key regions while also leveraging our global reach to meet the needs of businesses around the world. Whether you need support with design for manufacturing, electromechanical sub-assemblies, or complex custom products, we're here to help.
But what really sets us apart is our commitment to our customers' success. We're not just a vendor – we're a partner who is invested in your business and your product. Our team of experts will work closely with you to understand your unique needs and provide tailored solutions that meet them. And because we're a vertically integrated manufacturer, we can provide end-to-end support from design through distribution.
At Eastek International Corporation, we believe in assisting our customers in being their most successful. We believe that by providing world-class manufacturing services, we can help our customers bring innovative products to market and make a real impact in their industries. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help your business succeed.
We start by reviewing all applications for the open position, analyzing qualifications and experience to narrow down the pool of suitable candidates.
We screen candidates' background, experience, communication skills, job history, and interest in our company through a phone interview.
Our third step involves an in-person interview where we evaluate technical skills, job fit and growth potential using behavioral and situational questions.
The final step is offering the selected candidate a contingent offer based on background check and drug test results if needed.