Buffalo Grove, Ill. – Feb. 02, 2009 – In 2009, Eastek announced that its Buffalo Grove facility was awarded a Certificate of Registration for operating a quality management system that complies with ISO-9001 requirements. Administered by the International Organization for Standardization, ISO-9001 is the world’s most established quality standard.
Certificate Recognizes Company’s Compliance with Internationally Accepted Standards for Quality Management
ISO-9001 addresses elements such as:
- Setting measurable quality goals
- Ensuring customer requirements are understood and met
- Training employees in quality principles
- Controlling production processes
- Purchasing from suppliers that provide quality products
- Correcting problems to ensure they do not recur
- Testing, measuring and analyzing performance to ensure continuous improvement
“The Buffalo Grove facility’s ISO-9001 certification is an indication of Eastek’s commitment to delivering high-quality processes, production and service across the board to our global customer base,” said Joe Rocco, President and CEO of Eastek. “We are very proud that our company has been recognized in this way.”
Eastek’s Buffalo Grove facility provides numerous services, including warehousing, customer service, project engineering, design engineering, quotation team services, finance, sales and marketing. The company’s operations in China have been previously certified in ISO-9001 and TS16949.